Effective Date: 15-04-2021
- INFORMATION ABOUT US
Email address: Admin@thebitmaster.ca
Phone number: 1(403)978-4657
- THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information and non-personal information when you access our Website and use our Services. We collect this information when you provide them via our Website or email address. We also collect this information automatically through certain third-party tools. See below for more information:
- Information you provide to us
We will collect personal and non-personal information you provide us via the Website or email address. The information you provide may include:
- Registration/profile information: To use some of our Services, such as purchasing any items from our store, you will be required to provide certain personal and login credentials, including your name, email address, billing and shipping address, payment method information, password, and username. This information will be used to prepare you with a user account on the Website and facilitate your payments, and ship and deliver your orders.
- Order information: When you initiate to purchase any of our products, including any items from our store and any cryptocurrency, we will collect the information you input in our forms. Depending on the form, the information may include your name, country and shipping address, phone number, email address, payment method information, wallet address, password, etc.
- Contact information: In order to contact you, including to deliver your order and reply to your queries, questions, or complaints, we require that you submit your contact information, including your email address and phone number (where relevant).
- Telegram username:In order to add you to any signal channel you subscribe to, we will require you to submit your Telegram username on the signal subscription checkout page.
- Shipping Information: We will collect your shipping information (usually your address of location) if you initiate a purchase of any item from our store. This information will be used to deliver your order.
- Information we collect automatically
We use certain third-party tools (and cookies) to collect certain information about how you use our Website in order to analyze the traffic to our Website. We will also collect other information to comply with the law, prevent our rights, enforce our Terms of Service, secure the Website, and keep records. This information includes:
- Usage analytics: We use Google Analytics, an analytics tracking and Website usage information-gathering tool provided by Google Inc. Google Analytics help us to gather certain anonymous information about visitors and Website users, which includes the URL or platform from which a visitor or user accesses the Website from, the part of the Website such user or visitor accesses, or the features such user or visitor clicks. We use Google Analytics to analyze the improvement of our Website traffic and your user experience.
- Transaction information: If you purchase from our store or other Services, we will automatically collect information about the transaction, which may include the items or product purchased, the cost and total amount paid, etc. This information helps us to keep records, protect our rights, enforce our Terms of Service, and comply with applicable law.
Cookies are tiny bits of data that are attached to your browser when you access our Website. Cookies are set by THEBITMASTER INC (known as “first party cookies”) and some of our third-party service providers (known as “third-party cookies”). For example, Stripe and tidiochat set their own cookies on our Website to process your payments and provide customer chat support, respectively.
The cookies sent to your browser may be “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are the types of cookies that expire or are deleted automatically from your browser after a browsing session. Persistent cookies are the types of cookies that stay on your browser for longer periods. They have expiry dates, which may go up to 9 months or more.
You have the right to block us from setting cookies on your browser to track you. You can block cookies from the settings/help/tools section of the applicable browser. However, be aware that if you block cookies from your browser, some of the features on our Website may be unavailable to you.
- WHAT WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR
- Fulfill our obligations by providing our Services to you;
- Providing you with a user account for easy use of our Services;
- Provide customer support, including to respond to your complaints, queries, and questions, as well as send you updates and other administrative messages;
- Facilitate your navigations around the Website;
- Save items in your cart and provide our content;
- Secure the Website and enforce our Terms of Service and other policies;
- Process your payments for our Services;
- Deliver the items you order through our store;
- Gather analytics and traffic information in order to analyze how we are doing; and
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We do not share or disclose your information unless it’s necessary to provide our Services. We may share or disclose information about you in the following circumstances:
- When we contract third parties: We hire the services of third parties to help us with tasks, such as shipping and delivery, payment processing, chat support, analytics gathering, Website hosting, email sending, etc. We will share your information with some of these third parties to enable them provide their services. For example, Stripe and PayPal help us with payment processing and require your payment method information to process payments. However, when we share your information with third parties, it will be for the purposes set out in our Services.
- When we need to comply with our legal obligations: In order to comply with legal requests, including court order, subpoena, and other summonses, we may share personal information with law enforcement or government agencies. This may be in response to an ongoing investigation or claim. We may also share information about you if we believe such a disclosure will help prevent a life or our property.
- When you sign up for any promotion, sweepstake, or contest: We may invite you to any promotion, sweepstake, or contest, where you will be required to submit personal information before participating. In such an event is sponsored by another company, such a company will have access to the information you submit when you register. However, the information submitted will only be used to register you on the event. Your personal information may also be communicated publicly in response to your winnings.
- When you submit user-generated content: If you leave a rating and review after a purchase from our store, the personal information attached to your rating and review will be available to anyone who navigates to that part of the Website.
- HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We do not keep or retain your information on our Website for longer than we need it. The personal information you have under your user account will remain with us until you request that we delete your account. Any other personal information will only be used for the purposes they were collected and deleted afterwards. However, we may retain certain information, such as transaction information, to comply with the law and protect our rights.
- HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
THEBITMASTER INC cares about your privacy. We limit the personal information we collect from you to the information we need. We take all physical and technical measures in preventing your information from getting into the hands of unauthorized persons. We do not engage in any sale or renting of your information to third parties for their marketing purposes. We do not store your payment method information on our Website. Your payment method is handled by the applicable payment processors (Stripe and PayPal) and is used mainly to process your payments for our Services.
Not only the above, we employ technical measures such as SSL encryption and firewall, which help us encrypt any personal information you transmit to and from our Website. Also, we encourage you – at the time of registration – to use strong password for more security.
However, you acknowledge that no method of information security is 100% safe. We do not guarantee that the safeguards we put in place will be enough to counter every attempt to your information. THEBITMASTER INC will not be liable for any third-party breach or access of your information.
- CROSS-BOARDER TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
For transfers of personal information that involves users from locations, such as the EEA, UK, and Brazil, we will reply on approved transfer mechanism as described under the General Data Regulation Protection 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have certain rights and choices in relation to the personal information we hold about you. You have the right to access, rectify, edit, and delete the information we hold about you. If you have a user account on the Website, you can request access and edit your information via the “account details” tab under the “my account” section on the Website.
To request the deletion or termination of your information and user account, please click on the “delete my account” button on your user account profile area. Upon receiving your request, we will delete your information within 30 days – provided that there are no issues on ground and provided that the deletion does not affect our legal obligation.
- ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR USERS IN THE EEA, EU, AND THE UK
If you are using our Services from locations under the GDPR law, this section applies to you. THEBITMASTER INC will only collect information when (i) we need to perform a contract, such as to deliver your orders, (ii) satisfy our legitimate interest, such as in the case of gathering analytics to improve our Services, (iii) perform our legal obligations, including in cases where we are required to keep records of transaction, and (iv) you have given your consent.
In addition to the rights described in the section above, you have the following rights under the GDPR.
- Right to object to processing, delete, remove, or stop using personal information: This is also known as the “right to be forgotten.” This right is limited in that it is not absolute to request the deletion of certain personal information (for example, where we are required by applicable law to keep records of transaction, we may not be able to delete your information when you make a request).
- Right to limit processing: It may sometimes be possible to restrict the processing of personal information so that it can only be used for certain purposes (e.g. legal claims or to exercise legal rights). In such circumstances, we would not use or share the information in other ways while processing is restricted. You can ask us to restrict the use of your information (i) if it is inaccurate, (ii) if it has been unlawfully used but you do not want us to delete it, (iii) if it is not relevant anymore but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims, and (iv) if you have already asked us to stop using it but you are waiting for us to tell you if we are allowed to keep using it.
- Right to portability: The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse your information for your own purposes across different services. It allows you to move, copy, or transfer personal information easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability.
- Right to reporting: You have the right to report us to any data authority in the location you are if you believe that we are unlawfully processing your information.
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS